Thank you to all our sponsors!
Support from our sponsors enables us to find ways to provide education and enrichment opportunities for our students, while supporting our teachers and staff! Check out our sponsors page to learn more about becoming a 2023/24 sponsor!
Welcome to the Wickliffe PTO Website
Welcome to Wickliffe PTO website! Our goal for this website is to offer you a hub for all information pertaining to the Wickliffe PTO community. If you can’t find what you are looking for, please contact us!
October general PTO meeting
9/12/2023 2:14 pm
Wish someone would help demystify progressive education for you? What does it look like in practice and how do we as caregivers and families have a better understanding of what our children experience when they are led by progressive educators? Join us for the first PTO general meeting on Monday, October 2, from 7-8:30 p.m. with special guest and 4/5 teacher Andrew Williams! You won’t want to miss this session.Read More
Back to school
9/12/2023 2:10 pm
Forgot to pay for school supplies or field trip transportation fees in the flurry of back-to-school activities? Don't sweat it! You can still pay - click here.
These fees help ensure all students are fully supplied throughout the year and pay for field trip bussing. Field trip funds have traditionally been collected by teachers, but now the PTO coordinates payment upfront to remove this burden.Read More
9/12/2023 2:08 pm
Save the date for our biggest fundraiser: the Wickliffe Social! Join us Friday. November 3. from 7- 10 p.m. for a fun night out in support of Wickliffe PTO! There will be drinks, appetizers, auction items and raffles, games, live entertainment and more. This adult-only night will be hosted at the Amelita Mirolo Barn right in UA. Tickets are on sale now and are expected to sell out!
Can you help with soliciting business for donations or coordinate our auction? Email Marci Shumaker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can offer assistance!
9/12/2023 1:47 pm
- Promote the well-being and education of the students
- Foster communication by and among caregivers, students, teachers, and the residents of UA
- Respond, with volunteers and available funds, to the needs of the school
- Provide a forum for caregivers and school personnel to work cooperatively in identifying and discussing issues and concerns of general interest
Here's how Classroom Connections supports these objectives:
- Support PTO efforts by connecting with families at the class level and to gather feedback and ideas
- Enlist adult family members for support, volunteering, or activating PTO events
- Help PTO committees broadcast news and updates
- Enable families to help each other become better caregivers and co-educators
- Provide support for class activities such as parties, field trips, or donating classroom materials, by teacher request only
A few examples of Classroom Connections activities include:
- Assembling gift baskets from families of each class to be donated for the silent auction at Wickliffe Social
- Wrangling volunteers to staff shifts at Fall Fest, Art Show, Wickapalooza, etc.
- Helping students with Fifth Grade Experience/Graduation fundraising
- Providing feedback to the PTO Teacher Recognition Committee
The main requirement of the Lead is an interest in getting to know the caregivers of their students' peers. These connections can then be leveraged to help provide resources to the PTO, the teachers, and the school. The Lead is not required to be available during school day hours; the time commitment is very flexible.
Please submit interest or inquiries to Jason McKibben at WickliffePTO@gmail.com.
Wickliffe + DEI
9/12/2023 1:45 pm
Please join us for the first DEI meeting on Tuesday, September 19! We will meet the third Tuesday of each month, 5:30-6:30 p.m., in the Makerspace (9/19, 10/17, 11/28 due to holiday, no December meeting).
Cultural observances give us great opportunities to chat with our kids about other cultures, holidays, celebrations, food, traditions, and more!
- September 15 - Hispanic Heritage Month begins
- September 15 - Rosh Hashanah
- September 16 - Mexican Independence Day
- September 19 - Ganesh Chaturthi
- September 24 - Yom Kippur
- September 28 - Meskel
- September 29 - Sukkot
- October 2 - Gandhi Jayanti
- October 9 - Indigenous People's Day
- October 10 - World Mental Health Day
Help us stock the Wickliffe staff lounge
9/12/2023 1:40 pm
We love our Wickliffe staff and want to stock their lounge! Please sign up here and let everyone know what you are bringing so we make sure to provide everything they want. Please leave your donation on the front steps of Katie McShane (Jack & Giulia's mom) at 2705 Kent Road or drop off in the lounge. Just note where you will drop off. Please have it dropped off by Friday, September 29. Thank you!Read More
Fun Run is back!
9/12/2023 12:13 pm
Join us for this community-building event focused on empowerment, togetherness, and encouragement as students complete a staggered-start, looping run/walk at Wickliffe on a special Fun Run course.
- Friday, October 20 (during school)
- Kindergarten and first grade - 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Second and third grades - 10-11 a.m.
- Fourth and fifth grades - 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Each run will last 20-30 minutes depending on grade level
How you can help:
- Come cheer on the runners
- Volunteer to help with the run by signing up here!
- Raise funds! The PTO will match all Fun Run donations up to $20,000. If each student raises $40, we will get that full match.
For the 2023 Fun Run only, the PTO is allocating 100% of the proceeds to the playground fund. More info will be coming home in backpacks, and you can find more info and the donation form on the Fun Run webpage.
Fall After School Discovery - registration ends today!
9/11/2023 11:43 am
Today, Friday, September 15, is the last day to register for After School Discovery! Visit the PTO website to see the schedule of classes and to register. Classes begin September 25.
Want to help? We always need parent volunteers to help with ASD dismissal. Your primary role will be to get students safely from the building to the adult who’s picking them up. This is a super short volunteer opportunity – just 20 minutes, from 3:50-4:10ish. Especially consider signing up if you are going to be picking up your child anyway! Sign up for shifts here.
- Monday, September 25
- Monday, October 2
- Friday, October 6
- Friday, October 13
- Tuesday, October 17
- Friday, October 20
- Friday, November 3
- Monday, November 20
- Tuesday, November 28
- Monday, February 5
- Monday, May 6